Muse are an English alternative progressive rock band from Teignmouth, Devon. Since their inception in 1994, the band has comprised Matthew Bellamy (lead vocals, guitars, piano, keyboards, keytar), Christopher Wolstenholme (bass, backing vocals, keyboards, guitar, harmonica), and Dominic Howard (drums, percussion, synthesizers, backing vocals, sampling). After the release of the album Black Holes and Revelations, Morgan Nicholls (keyboards, percussion, bass guitar) has performed live with the band. Muse are known for their energetic and extravagant live performances and their fusion of many music genres, including progressive rock, alternative rock, classical music, heavy metal, and electronica with recurring themes of revolution.
Muse have released five studio albums: Showbiz (1999), Origin of Symmetry (2001), Absolution (2003), Black Holes and Revelations (2006), and The Resistance (2009).
The band have also issued three live albums, HAARP (2008), Absolution Tour (2005), and a compilation of B-sides, Hullabaloo Soundtrack (2002).
Black Holes and Revelations earned the band a Mercury Prize nomination and a third place finish in the NME Albums of the Year list for 2006. Muse have won many other music awards throughout their career, including five MTV Europe Music Awards, five Q Awards, eight NME Awards, two BRIT awards and four Kerrang! Awards. Before the release of The Resistance, Muse had sold over ten million albums worldwide.
* Matthew Bellamy - lead vocals, guitars, piano, keyboards, keytar
* Christopher Wolstenholme - bass, backing vocals, keyboards, guitar, harmonica
* Dominic Howard - drums, percussion, synthesizers, backing vocals, sampling
Additional (Touring) Members
* Morgan Nicholls - keyboards, percussion, bass guitar, guitar, backing vocals (2004, 2006–present)
* Dan Newell - trumpet ("Knights of Cydonia" and "City of Delusion") (2006–2007)
* Alessandro Cortini - keyboards (filled in for Morgan Nicholls briefly in 2009)