London-based progressive metal band Haken celebrate their 10th anniversary in 2017, hot on the heels of the release of their critically acclaimed fourth album ‘Affinity’. Coinciding with this, the band will go out on a headline tour of Europe in March & April, with tickets on sale this Wednesday at 10am GMT. InsideOutMusic will also be reissuing the band’s first two albums, ‘Aquarius’ & ‘Visions’, on the 3rd February 2017 in new remastered 2CD editions, as well as vinyl for the very first time.
The full list of European tour dates can be found below, tickets on sale Wednesday 23rd November at 10am GMT. VIP upgrades will become available for selected shows.
‘HAKEN X’ EUROPEAN TOUR 2017
- 22nd March – Rescue Rooms, Nottingham, UK
- 23rd March – O2 ABC2, Glasgow, UK
- 24th March – Academy 3, Manchester, UK
- 25th March – O2 Academy 2, Birmingham, UK
- 26th March – Islington Assembly Hall, London, UK
- 28th March – Le Splendid, Lille, France
- 29th March – La Maroquinerie, Paris, France
- 30th March – La Laiterie, Strasbourg, France
- 31st March – KIFF, Aarau, Switzerland
- 1st April – Keller Klub, Stuttgart, Germany
- 3rd April – Zona Roveri, Bologna, Italy
- 4th April – Szene, Vienna, Austria
- 5th April – Dürer-Kert, Budapest, Hungary
- 6th April – Futurum, Prague, Czech Republic
- 7th April – Beatpol, Dresden, Germany
- 9th April – Chez Heinz, Hannover, Germany
- 10th April – Kesselhaus, Wiesbaden, Germany
- 11th April – Turock, Essen, Germany
- 12th April – Rockhal, Esch-Sur-Alzette, Luxembourg
- 13th April – Melkweg OZ, Amsterdam, Holland
- 15th April – Bascula Club, Tel Aviv, Israel
The band’s first and second albums ‘Aquarius’ & ‘Visions’ have been newly remastered by the renowned Jens Bogren (Devin Townsend Project, Between the Buried & Me) who worked with the band on their last two albums, bringing these records up to the sonic quality of their most recent output. They will both be available as 2CD Digipaks including the entire albums as instrumentals, and it will also mark the first time that either album has been available on vinyl, arriving as Gatefold heavyweight 2LP editions with the full album on CD included.
Latest album ‘Affinity’ was released in April this year, and received great reactions from press; find a selection of them below:
“Affinity proves what a unique and spellbinding band Haken are” – Metal Hammer 8/10
“inescapable melodic hooks and absorbing textures” – Total Guitar 4/5
“Affinity will be hailed as one of the landmarks of 2016 and beyond” – Powerplay 9/10
Pick up your copy below:
iTunes | Amazon mp3 | Amazon | InsideOut | InsideOut US
The band has also previously launched videos for the tracks ‘Earthrise’, ‘The Endless Knot’ and ‘Initiate’.
Recorded during the winter months of 2015, ‘Affinity’ marks a new approach to the song-writing process for Haken.
The band once again called upon Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios (Opeth, Devin Townsend, Between The Buried And Me) for mixing and mastering duties.
Like much of Haken’s previous music, ‘Affinity’ is full of surprises and ‘The Architect’, the album’s centrepiece, is no exception. Blasting through a dizzying array of instrumental insanity coupled with down-tempo atmospheric tenuity, Haken welcomes friend and Leprous frontman Einar Solberg mid-song for a spot of guest vocals! Just one of many twists and turns throughout this 60-minute musical lobotomy, Haken’s ‘Affinity’ will open up a new dimension in this UK sextet’s trajectory.