Power Pop Icon MATTHEW SWEET Leads A Cast Of All-Stars And Legends On A Trip To Revisit THE BEATLES’ “ABBEY ROAD!”
Album features performances by Jellyfish’s Roger Joseph Manning Jr., Vulfpeck’s Charles Jones, British guitar legend Snowy White, Billy Idol guitarist Steve Stevens, GnR cohort Ron Bumblefoot Thal, Paul Shafer, God Of Hellfire Arthur Brown and lots more!
Los Angeles, CA – It probably comes as no surprise that Athens GA indie rock icon Matthew Sweet has a fondness for The Beatles. From his 1986 debut album to his early ‘90s breakthrough, including the MTV smash hit “Girlfriend,” on through to his most recent albums, Sweet has pulled off the same kind of melodically driven, seemingly straightforward but stealthily complex songs that turned the Liverpudlian foursome into a worldwide phenomena and one of the most influential artists of all-time. Recently, Sweet was invited to participate in a truly remarkable revisitation of The Beatles’ incredible crowning glory, the brilliant Abbey Road, and the results couldn’t be more satisfying.
Sweet sings, plays guitar and even adds a little bass to a brand new version of Abbey Road’s punchiest blast of rock psychedelia, “Polythene Pam.” The fourth segment of the album’s magnificent Side B medley, “Pam” is the perfect showcase for Sweet’s deft interplay of rapid fire vocals and powerfully overdriven guitars. Assisting in the track’s creation is fellow singer/guitarist Jason Berk, who adds texture with his acoustic guitar, and Fernando Perdomo who supports Sweet’s guitar with some tasteful Hammond organ. Perhaps the only thing that can be said against the track is that, with a running time of 1:27, it leaves too soon. But then, that’s what the repeat button is for!
Stream/download the single: https://orcd.co/matthewsweet_polythenepam
Abbey Road Reimagined, produced by Perdomo and packed with an astounding array of musical all-stars, will be hitting the digital and physical shelves on August 18. Order your copy today!
Order the CD/Vinyl: https://cleorecs.com/store/?s=Abbey+Road+Reimagined&post_type=product
Pre-save the digital: https://orcd.co/abbeyroadreimagined
1. Come Together – Durga McBroom (Pink Floyd), Jackie Lomax (Apple Records Artist) & Snowy White (Pink Floyd)
2. Something – Charles Jones (Vulfpeck) & Sonny Landreth
3. Maxwell’s Silver Hammer – Roger Joseph Manning Jr. (Jellyfish)
4. Oh! Darling – Eric Dover (Jellyfish) & Carmine Appice (Vanilla Fudge)
5. Octopus’s Garden – Matt Axton & Brian Auger (Rod Stewart)
6. I Want You (She’s So Heavy) – Arthur Brown & Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)
7. Here Comes The Sun – Ron Bumblefoot Thal (Guns N’ Roses)
8. Because – Rebecca Pidgeon & Patrick Moraz (The Moody Blues)
9. You Never Give Me Your Money – Graham Bonnet (Rainbow) & Rick Wakeman (Yes)
10. Sun King – James Booth & The Return, Albert Lee & Geoff Downes (Yes)
11. Mean Mr. Mustard – Jack Russell (Great White)
12. Polythene Pam – Matthew Sweet
13. She Came In Through The Bathroom Window – Adam Gaynor (Matchbox 20) & Paul Shaffer
14. Golden Slumbers – Terry Reid
15. Carry That Weight – Gregg Bissonette
16. The End – Frank Dimino (Angel) & Steve Hillage (Gong)
17. Her Majesty – Gary Wilson