Dear Friends in Music
I am more than happy to strongly recommend this great festival of adventurous progressive music – SEAPROG. The Festival’s 6th edition will be held in the great city of Seattle on June 7-9, 2019. If You are local in the state of Washington, or in neighboring Oregon or British Columbia, You should consider coming, and if You are more adventurous and live anywhere in the USA, Canada, or elsewhere in the world, please consider coming to the great city of Seattle for great food, celebrated microbreweries, world-famous coffee roasters, the great company of similarly minded old and new friends in music, and above all, for some excellent new music.
SEAPROG website: www.seaprogfest.org
SEAPROG is run by two
SEAPROG provides a public showcase for adventurous progressive musicians from the Pacific Northwest and beyond that honors the seriousness of their art. As the region’s only annual festival devoted to progressive rock music, SEAPROG serves an audience of keen enthusiasts whose tastes have been largely ignored by both the mainstream and alternative music industries and media alike.
SEAPROG tilts decidedly toward the more adventurous reaches of the genre rather than long-established historical precedents – a bracing contrast to the ‘Golden Age’ nostalgia that’s overtaken the music in some quarters. This is not a value judgment; SEAPROG‘s organizers revere many of the ‘old school’ progressive bands as much as anyone, it’s just that there are already plenty of festivals devoted to that sort of thing, but very few focusing on exploratory progressive music of the here and now. SEAPROG is also unusual in its inclusivity, both musical (in terms of freely mingling influences) and social (in terms of gender and cultural representation among Seaprog performers). Operated as a nonprofit organization, Seaprog is and will remain a labor of love rather than a typical business venture.
Check the info on the previous editions of the festival, 2013-2017:http://seaprogfest.org/welcome/history.html
SEAPROG 2019 SCHEDULE
June 7, 2019
7:00pm – Columbia City Theater Main Stage: THE SHEEN
June 8, 2019
8:00pm – Columbia City Theater Front Room: YESOD
9:00pm – Columbia City Theater Main Stage: MARKUS REUTER & TREY GUNN
June 9, 2019
8:00pm- Columbia City Theater Front Room: ECHOTEST
11:00pm – Columbia City Theater Main Stage: DISTRICT 97
For more info on individual artists:
Get Your tickets
And See You there at the SEAPROG!
SEAPROG donations accepted.
If You are unable to attend, your donations are more than welcome, any donation no matter how small, helps.
SEAPROG has never been a for-profit enterprise, and our fiscal sponsorship with Shunpike cements our commitment to present the best music possible without consideration of
SEAPROG is supported by a core committee of roughly a dozen organizers and volunteers and achieved a significant milestone in 2018 when the festival gaining federal 501(c)(3) nonprofit status under the aegis of Shunpike. This allows us to accept tax-exempt donations from individuals, matching grants from area employers, and grants from arts-funding organizations, and to synergize with other regional arts entities.
SEAPROG benefits a regional audience of enthusiasts at an affordable price. The festival also benefits numerous regional musicians. SEAPROG is especially proud of the fact that SEAPROG’s roster of artists has shown significant representation from gender and ethnic communities; for example, fully 70% of main-stage acts presented by SEAPROG to date have been led by
SEAPROG has no paid employees; 90% of our income from ticket and merchandise sales and donations goes directly to the festival, including paying for the bands and the venue, travel expenses, refreshments, and advertising and promotion. The other 10% goes to SEAPROG’s financial partner Shunpike.
In 2018, 61% of SEAPROG’s operating funds came from ticket and merchandise sales, and 39% from tax-deductible donations. No donation is too small! Use the link below to make a donation of any amount – even $5, $10 or $25 will make a big difference in keeping the festival going for years to come. SEAPROG thanks you!