1. Gas Tanks
2. Coffin Confession
3. Going Down
4. Once I Had Illusions (Part 1)
5. I Like Games
6. Shining Brightness
7. The Blues and Messing Round
8. Long Long Road
9. Once I Had Illusions (Part 2)Line-up
Arthur Brown – vocals, guitars, piano
Rik Patten – multiple instrumentsRecording at Sonic Scoops Studios UK Produced by Arthur Brown with Rik Patten Arrangements by Arthur Brown and Rik Patten Mix&engineering by Rik Patten Mastering by Marc UrselliArtwork by Laurie Avon Photography and imagery by Harvey Waller Layout & design by Jean Valnoir Simoulin
Available formats “Long Long Road” is available as a box set including a 48-page hardcover 2CD artbook, a gatefold 180g orange marble vinyl-LP, a bonus 7″ vinyl single, a wall flag, 4 30×30 cm art prints, and a certificate of authenticity personally signed and hand-numbered by Arthur Brown. The 2CD artbook is also available separately and includes liner notes by Arthur Brown, enhanced artwork and photography, and two exclusive studio recordings. “Long Long Road” is furthermore available on black 180g vinyl LP, on transparent red 180g vinyl LP, and as a Digipak CD.
WHO IS ARTHUR BROWN?
Pretty much everyone into rock music knows ARTHUR BROWN. Be it via listening to or watching The Who’s rock opera “Tommy” or spending time with The Alan Parsons Project’s classic debut album “Tales of Mystery and Imagination”, most people have encountered Arthur – even if they might not have realized it.
Yet when it comes to THE CRAZY WORLD OF ARTHUR BROWN’s iconic, career-defining 1968 transatlantic hit single ‘Fire’, everybody knows that this is Arthur – the self-proclaimed God of Hellfire!
But, we are getting ahead of ourselves, when we really ought to start with Arthur’s new full-length masterpiece “Long Long Road”.
Wild, vibrant, and crammed with rich musical textures, his new album is quintessentially ARTHUR BROWN, and can easily be construed as the apex and summary of a fascinating career that has spanned no fewer than seven decades.
Scheduled for release on Arthur’s 80th birthday on June 24, “Long Long Road” effortlessly shifts from progressive rock and soul to pristine blues rock, with the much-loved singer summoning his full vocal range with a mature mastery that comes only with the experience of a lifetime.
Make no mistake; ARTHUR BROWN is a true rock legend – luckily, one whose star still burns very brightly, making audiences’ jaws drop whenever he takes to the stage.
Born in 1942, this outstanding vocalist and pioneering performer have recently been experiencing a renaissance. Arthur’s ground-breaking work over several decades was honored at the 2019 Prog Awards when he received the Visionary Artist Award. In 2021, Arthur was given an HRH Legend Award that celebrates the best of British rock music. Prior to these, Classic Rock magazine bestowed a “Showman Award” on Arthur in 2005. This renewed attention by fans, media, and peers in the autumn of his artistic endeavors can be recognized as a long-overdue tribute to an iconic musician, similar to that enjoyed by JOHNNY CASH late in his expansive career.
ARTHUR BROWN‘s legacy has been long appreciated by fellow musicians, writers, and dedicated rock fans far beyond the vast shadow cast by his gigantic number 1 hit single ‘Fire’. The iconic track from his 1968 album “The Crazy World of Arthur Brown” still maintains its mesmerizing power with audiences and peers today. At the same time, it could be argued that the omnipresence of ‘Fire’ has partly obscured Arthur’s many outstanding accomplishments over the 54 years since its release.
To understand the massive impact and influence of ARTHUR BROWN‘s wild stage persona, flamboyant theatrical performances, and charismatic multi-octave voice, one only needs to listen to these rock icons:
“Without Arthur Brown, there would be no Alice Cooper.” ALICE COOPER
“Now there’s a man who was ahead of his time.” ELTON JOHN
“Arthur Brown was a big influence of mine… Arthur Brown has the voice of death.” Bruce Dickinson, IRON MAIDEN
“Arthur Brown is as much a dancer as he is a singer.” Pete Townshend, THE WHOARTHUR BROWN is widely recognized as a pioneer of shock rock and progressive rock, and a significant influence on heavy metal. His live performances include iconic classics, dance, poetry, visuals and a subliminal soundtrack of new electronic music. Whenever he plays, Arthur still brings the dramatically elegant and always extravagant style that he established as the gold standard onstage.During his long and distinguished career, Arthur has been the lead singer of various groups, most notably THE CRAZY WORLD OF ARTHUR BROWN and KINGDOM COME, along with a cameo in the cult film “Tommy”, in which his dramatic vocals were backed by ERIC CLAPTON and THE WHO. Collaborations include the debut album of THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT, DAVID GILMORE, THE PRODIGY, BRUCE DICKINSON, THE STRANGLERS, KULA SHAKER, DIE KRUPPS, and many more.
With each note on “Long Long Road”, ARTHUR BROWN makes the impressive statement that he remains as authentic, challenging, creative, and compelling as he was at his career’s fiery beginning. This record is not a swansong, but the thrilling beginning of the final phase of an utterly singular career.
3CD / 1 Blu Ray / 2 X 12-Inch Vinyl Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set
**ALL PRE-ORDERS WILL BE ENTERED INTO A DRAW TO WIN ONE OF THREE DOUBLE VINYL TEST PRESSINGS **
• A DELUXE LIMITED EDITION BOXED SET OF THE CLASSIC ALBUM BY THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT • NEWLY REMASTERED & REMIXED FROM THE ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES BY ALAN PARSONS • FEATURING 3 CDs, 1 BLU-RAY DISC (NTSTC/ REGION FREE) & 2 x 45 RPM 12-INCH VINYL IN GATEFOLD SLEEVE • FEATURING AN ADDITIONAL 53 BONUS TRACKS DRAWN FROM ERIC WOOLFSON’S SONGWRITING DIARIES, STUDIO SESSION OUT-TAKES AND STUNNING NEW 5.1 SURROUND SOUND & STEREO MIXES FROM THE ORIGINAL MULTI-TRACK MASTER TAPES BY ALAN PARSONS AND THE PROMOTIONAL VIDEOS OF ‘DON’T ANSWER ME’ & ‘PRIME TIME’ • INCLUDES A LAVISHLY ILLUSTRATED BOOK WITH NEW ESSAY FEATURING RECOLLECTIONS FROM ALAN PARSONS, THE WOOLFSON FAMILY, DAVID PATON & IAN BAIRNSON, A REPLICA POSTER & A REPRODUCTION PRESS KIT FOLDER.
Esoteric Recordings is proud to announce the release of a new re-mastered limited edition deluxe expanded boxed set of the classic album AMMONIA AVENUE by THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT.
First released in February 1984, AMMONIA AVENUE was the seventh album by THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT, the brainchild of composer, musician and manger ERIC WOOLFSON and celebrated producer and engineer ALAN PARSONS. The inspiration for the album title came from a visit Woolfson had made to the ICI Chemical plant in Billingham, England after meeting ICI chairman Sir John Harvey-Jones on a flight from New York. Upon visiting the plant, Eric Woolfson noticed a long street called Ammonia Avenue, devoid of people and trees and dominated by miles of pipes.
The album sessions featured the contribution of musicians such as Ian Bairnson (guitars), David Paton (bass), Stuart Elliott (drums) with Eric Woolfson playing keyboards and lead vocals on four of the album’s nine songs. Colin Blunstone, Chris Rainbow and Lenny Zakatek also provided lead vocals on the remaining songs. AMMONIA AVENUE would become one of the biggest selling albums for THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT, attaining gold status in many European countries and the USA. The album featured such classic compositions as DANCING ON A HIGHWIRE, SINCE THE LAST GOODBYE and the stunning title track. AMMONIA AVENUE also spawned the hit singles ‘DON’T ANSWER ME’ (a Top Ten hit throughout Europe and in the USA) and ‘PRIME TIME’.
This deluxe edition comprises 3CDs, a Blu-Ray disc (NTSC / Region Free) and vinyl edition of a new stereo mix of AMMONIA AVENUE as two 12-inch 45rpm discs (cut at ABBEY ROAD STUDIOS). The set has been newly re-mastered from the original master tapes under the supervision of ALAN PARSONS and features an additional 53 bonus tracks drawn from ERIC WOOLFSON’s song-writing diaries, studio session out-takes and stunning new 5.1 surround sound & stereo mixes from the original multi-track master tapes by ALAN PARSONS plus the promotional videos of ‘DON’T ANSWER ME’ & ‘PRIME TIME’.
This stunning set also houses a lavish illustrated book with a new essay with unseen photos and features recollections from ALAN PARSONS, the WOOLFSON family and from musicians IAN BAIRNSON and DAVID PATON. It also includes a reproduction poster and a reproduction press kit folder. This deluxe edition of AMMONIA AVENUE is the definitive treatment of a special album.
DISC ONE: CD
“AMMONIA AVENUE” ORIGINAL STEREO MIX – NEWLY RE-MASTERED 1. PRIME TIME (2020 RE-MASTER) 2. LET ME GO HOME (2020 RE-MASTER) 3. ONE GOOD REASON (2020 RE-MASTER) 4. SINCE THE LAST GOODBYE (2020 RE-MASTER) 5. DON’T ANSWER ME (2020 RE-MASTER) 6. DANCING ON A HIGHWIRE (2020 RE-MASTER) 7. YOU DON’T BELIEVE (2020 RE-MASTER) 8. PIPELINE (2020 RE-MASTER) 9. AMMONIA AVENUE (2020 RE-MASTER) BONUS TRACKS 10. DON’T ANSWER ME (EARLY ROUGH MIX) 11. YOU DON’T BELIEVE (DEMO) 12. SINCE THE LAST GOODBYE (CHRIS RAINBOW VOCAL OVERDUBS) 13. SINCE THE LAST GOODBYE (ERIC GUIDE VOCAL – ROUGH MIX) 14. YOU DON’T BELIEVE (INSTRUMENTAL TRIBUTE TO THE SHADOWS) 15. DANCING ON A HIGHWIRE / SPOTLIGHT (WORK IN PROGRESS) 16. AMMONIA AVENUE PART (ERIC DEMO VOCAL) 17. AMMONIA AVENUE (ORCHESTRAL OVERDUBS)
DISC TWO: CD
ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARIES
1. PRIME TIME (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY 1) 2. ONE GOOD REASON (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY 1) 3. ONE GOOD REASON (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY 2) 4. ONE GOOD REASON (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY 3) 5. ONE GOOD REASON (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY 4) 6. SINCE THE LAST GOODBYE (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY) 7. DON’T ANSWER ME (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY) 8. DANCING ON A HIGHWIRE (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY 1) 9. DANCING ON A HIGHWIRE (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY 2) 10. DANCING ON A HIGHWIRE (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY 3) 11. AMMONIA AVENUE (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY 1) 12. AMMONIA AVENUE (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY 2) 13. AMMONIA AVENUE (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY 3) 14. AMMONIA AVENUE (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY 4) 15. DON’T TAKE CHANCES WITH ME (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY) 16. YOU’LL BE SURPRISED (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY) 17. WISH I WAS MILES AWAY (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY) 18. TOBY’S THEME (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY) 19. AMELIE’S THEME (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY)
DISC THREE: CD
STUDIO BONUS TRACKS
1. AMMONIA AVENUE RADIO ADVERT 2. PRIME TIME (ERIC WOOLFSON DEMO VOCAL ON ROUGH MIX) 3. PRIME TIME (MUSO’S EXPERIMENTING) 4. LET ME GO HOME (ROUGH BACKING TRACK) 5. ONE GOOD REASON (ERIC WOOLFSON VOCAL WITH ROUGH MIX) 6. ONE GOOD REASON (ROUGH BACKING TRACK) 7. SINCE THE LAST GOODBYE (ROUGH BACKING TRACK) 8. DON’T ANSWER ME (ERIC WOOLFSON VOCAL WITH ROUGH MIX) 9. DON’T ANSWER ME (MUSO’S EXPERIMENTING) 10. DON’T ANSWER ME (BACKING TRACK – BEFORE PHIL SPECTOR TREATMENT AND ALTERNATIVE SAX SOLO) 11. DANCING ON A HIGHWIRE (ERIC WOOLFSON DEMO VOCAL ON ROUGH BACKING TRACK) 12. YOU DON’T BELIEVE (ALAN PARSONS DEMO VOCAL ON ROUGH MIX) 13. AMMONIA AVENUE (ERIC WOOLFSON DEMO VOCAL WITH ORCHESTRAL ROUGH MIX) 14. AMMONIA AVENUE (CHRIS RAINBOW BACKING VOCALS) 15. AMMONIA AVENUE (INSTRUMENTAL SECTION ROUGH MIX) 16. AMMONIA AVENUE (ERIC WOOLFSON PIANO TAKES) 17. AP 1 (PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED BACKING TRACK)
DISC FOUR: BLU RAY 5.1 SURROUND SOUND MIX (2019) & HIGH RESOLUTION STEREO REMIX (2019) BY ALAN PARSONS
1. PRIME TIME (5.1 SURROUND MIX / NEW STEREO MIX) 2. LET ME GO HOME (5.1 SURROUND MIX / NEW STEREO MIX) 3. ONE GOOD REASON (5.1 SURROUND MIX / NEW STEREO MIX) 4. SINCE THE LAST GOODBYE (5.1 SURROUND MIX / NEW STEREO MIX) 5. DON’T ANSWER ME (5.1 SURROUND MIX / NEW STEREO MIX) 6. DANCING ON A HIGHWIRE (5.1 SURROUND MIX / NEW STEREO MIX) 7. YOU DON’T BELIEVE (5.1 SURROUND MIX / NEW STEREO MIX) 8. PIPELINE (5.1 SURROUND MIX / NEW STEREO MIX) 9. AMMONIA AVENUE (5.1 SURROUND MIX / NEW STEREO MIX)
THE PROMOTIONAL VIDEOS 1. DON’T ANSWER ME (PROMOTIONAL VIDEO) 2. PRIME TIME (PROMOTIONAL VIDEO)
45 rpm 12” VINYL
“AMMONIA AVENUE” THE NEW STEREO REMIX BY ALAN PARSONS (2 x 45 RPM 12-INCH)
SIDE ONE 1. PRIME TIME 2. LET ME GO HOME 3. ONE GOOD REASON
SIDE TWO 1. SINCE THE LAST GOODBYE 2. DON’T ANSWER ME
SIDE THREE 1. DANCING ON A HIGHWIRE 2. YOU DON’T BELIEVE
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.